Harish Jharia

Search This Blog

Translate this article in your own language...

04 April 2010

One-house Villages in Indian Desert:




Crazy Ideas...


Photobucket
A Typical Desert House in Rajasthan...


One-house Villages in Rajasthan (India) Desert:


© Harish Jharia

We recently went on a trip to Rajasthan desert near Pokaran, somewhere between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. I kept interacting with the owner of the camel on whom we had a 45 minutes ride across the sand dunes.

I would like to share an answer that camel man gave to my question. I asked him as to where was his village. He enriched my knowledge by telling that there was no concept of village in deserts. Each family builds a house where-ever that gets a land (a plain area amongst the send dunes) and becomes the owner of the same.

I hope this is something strange concept and the way of living in desert. I always thought that humans were social animals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
npad

No comments:

Post a Comment