Harish Jharia

Search This Blog

Translate this article in your own language...

15 May 2011

My reply to a Facebook Feature: The horrific morning after Babri Masjid Demolition

New Delhi, India

- Harish Jharia



Question: Which is the Most Beautiful Place in Bhopal? 

My answer: Sorry friends...! For me Bhopal is the ugliest place I ever visited in my life...

Bhopal became a death trap for me and my family on 7 December 1992.
I saw my death just an arms-length from me that I averted by a whisker. I was not worried for my life or death. I was rather scared for the safety of my wife who was sitting between my son and me on an auto rickshaw. The auto rickshaw driver Mahesh Sahu came to rescue us to a safer place.

On 6th December the ruins of Babari Masjid were demolished and on the next day I ventured out in Bhopal along with my family on Bhopal roads for catching a bus for Indore. The car-sewaks were out of Bhopal and were yet to return to the city. A huge crowd of people, furious over the Babari demolition in Bhopal, came out on the roads and indulged in attacking general public, destroying vehicles and burning motor tires on roads spreading terror on the city-roads of Bhopal.

Bhopal at night... Known for Union Carbide's Methyl Isocyanate Gas Catastrophe and post Babri riots...

Mahesh Sahu our auto driver was carrying us from one place to the other and from every direction the riot crowd came in to attack the people. Mahesh Sahu kept driving his auto, evading attacks by the crowd and finally brought us to a place where there were people on whom we could trust for our safety.

 I asked Mahesh to leave us right there but he took us to our place of accommodation in the campus of the Institute of Hotel Management. We had to stay inside the campus for 3-4 days before leaving for Hyderabad where I was posted those days.

Subsequently I watched out in the media that politicians started fighting in the MP legislative assembly and in the courts for the riots that held on 7th and 8th December 1992 after the return of car sevaks...

No one bothered about the riots that broke out in the early hours on 7th December 1992 in the forenoon...

This happens only in India... where the natives of the republic of India live under threats... where politicians ignore the majority population and even brand them as communal... 

Any ways... thanks Mahesh Sahu for saving our lives… Mahesh, If you happen to spot this message… please contact me… because you are the savior for the life and honor of my family…

---------------------------
npad

No comments:

Post a Comment