© Harish Jharia
We have been hearing about the predicted holocaust on 21 December 2012 for many years. Even a Hollywood movie has been made on this subject, showing the entire world submerged under sea water and the absolute end of nature and life on the planet earth.
I do not know why I never got scared about this theory of abrupt devastation of Mother Nature on a particular single day. I always believed that the earth, nature and life took billions of years for its creation. Therefore, its devastation like holocaust प्रलय should also take the same length of time. The end of the world cannot happen abruptly in a day. Nevertheless, the doomsday December 21, 2012 is widely discussed among the believers and nonbelievers of this hypothetical imaginary catastrophe, across the electronic and print media.
What is the basis of 21 December 2012 doomsday prediction..?
As I have understood from various concerned material, the dooms day has been predicted based on the Mayan Calendar according to which the earth has been created with a specific age and once it completes the span of its age the earth will be devastated with occurrence of holocaust प्रलय on 21 December 2012.
According to Mayan beliefs certain cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on 21 December 2012 when this date is regarded as the end-date of a 5125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Using a modified vigesimal (base 20 numeral system) tally, the Long Count calendar identifies the doomsday by counting the number of days passed since an imaginary date of creation of the world, believed to have started from 11 August 3114 BCE in the Gregorian calendar.
The Maya people were the combined tribes of diverse ranges of native Americans hailing from northern Mexico and southern central America. The term "Maya" is a collective designation including the peoples of the region who shared similar cultural and linguistic heritage. Moreover, the term Maya represents many distinct populations, societies, and ethnic groups, following their own particular traditions, cultures, and historical identity.
How far the belief of Doomsday, Holocaust, प्रलय on 21 December 2012 is true..?
- The belief about the holocaust प्रलय is absolutely wrong because it is based on unscientific theories.
- This doomsday has been calculated with the knowhow of astrology prevalent in the prehistoric era when the modern scientific theories were not discovered.
- This doomsday has been predicted out of folkloric astrological calculations that cannot be considered dependable and believed indiscriminately.
- The rumor about 21 December 2012 has spread out of viral internet spams and should be simply ignored.
- 21st December 2012 is going to be a normal day just like anyother day of our common life.
- We should not get scared about any abnormal happening like meteoric bombardment, devastation due to earthquakes, natural calamities like tsunamis or submerging of world under deep waters.
- 21st December 2012 is not going to be any doomsday of holocaust प्रलय and we all should live our normal and fearless lives.