ICC World Cup 2011: The Proposed Indian World Cup team with 8 stroke-players, 4 medium pacers and 3 spinners…
The Indian World Cup cricket team has very few surprises. The selection committee, headed by Chairman Krishnamachari Srikkanth, took a little over an hour at a hotel on Monday to finalize the 15-member team that comprised of an extra spinner than what was expected.
The World Cup will be played from February 19 to April 2 in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, a factor which obviously compelled the selectors to go in for an extra spinner as the pitches in the sub-continent tend to favor the tweakers. So from an expected five (medium-pacers) plus two (spinners) combo, it ultimately came down to four plus three as the selectors put forward the 'Indian conditions'.
"This is the best balanced team that we can find," beamed Srikkanth as he briefed the media. "This team has a very strong batting line-up with medium pacers and good spinners," he added.
Nevertheless, “Discover Life” along with many Sreesanth’s fans would definitely miss the presence of the explosive bowler Sreesanth.
Edited on 18 February 2011: Sreesanth has been included by replacing him in place of another medium pacer.
The Team India:
- MS Dhoni (Captain), explosive stroke-player
- V Sehwag (Vice-captain), explosive stroke-player
- Sachin Tendulkar, explosive stroke-player
- Gautam Gambhir, explosive stroke-player
- Virat Kohli, explosive stroke-player
- Yuvraj Singh, explosive stroke-player
- Suresh Raina, explosive stroke-player
- Yusuf Pathan, explosive stroke-player
- Harbhajan Singh, spinner
- Zaheer Khan, medium-pacer
- Munaf Patel, medium-pacer
- Sreesanth, fast medium-pacer
- Ashish Nehra, medium-pacer
- R Ashwin, spinner
- Piyush Chawla. spinner
Click here for ...