Happy republic day 26th January 2013
On behalf of Discover Life Site and my own behalf, I wish all the, visitors to this site, the citizens of the Indian republic and the Indians living elsewhere in the world a very happy Republic Day.
My God bless our country with all the prosperity, peace and brotherhood and induce the spirit of patriotism in the people of India
Jai Hind… Jai Bharat… Jai Prajatantra (Democracy)…
For Discover Life, New Delhi, India
26 January 2013
Resolution:There is a common general belief that we should have annual resolutions for ourselves in order to correct our mistakes, improve upon our shortcoming and set goals for our future progress.
We already had multiple resolutions for ourselves… now let us think about resolutions for the Indian Government.
Let us jot-down some potential resolutions for the Indian government, politicians who run the government and for those who are aspiring for forming a government.
How would be the following resolutions?
- Let Indian government adopt a dedicated policy to deal with terrorism aggressively.
- Let Indian government do away with the provision of mercy petitions of murders and rapists recommended to the President of India.
- Let Indian government blacklist criminal politicians form contesting any election for life.
- Let Indian government adopt a dedicated policy to deal with corruption in governance aggressively.
- Let Prime Minister of India be elected by both the houses of parliament, Legislative Assemblies, Panchayats and Gram Sabhas; rather than nominated by political parties.
- Let the Chief Ministers of states be elected by respective Legislative Assemblies, Panchayats and Gram Sabhas; rather than nominated by political parties.
- Let Indian government do away with weak, insensitive and easygoing governance activities.
- Let Indian government adopt a strict policy of zero tolerance in law enforcement.
- Let Indian government do away with the restrictions on jurisdiction of police stations for filing FIRs in the states.
- Let Indian government establish ‘Core Policing’ in State Police Departments on the lines of ‘Core Banking’ in banking sector, so that, criminal cases could be reported at any police station in that particular state.
- Let the Indian government transfer Delhi Police Department to the administrative control of Chief Minister of Delhi State.
- Indian government should make it mandatory for politicians, who declare their assets in the tune of 5 crore to 250 crore and more, to publicly declare the details of the source of that income.
- Indian government should remove all politicians from Cricket Associations, Sports Authorities and Athletic Bodies.
- Sports sector should be looked after by sports professionals only.