Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- Harish Jharia
Cast and Crew:
- Producers: Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Nitin Manmohan, Rajat Rawail
- Executive producer: Sohail Khan
- Director: Anees Bazmee
- Cast: Salman Khan, Asin, Paresh Rawal, Mahesh Manjrekar, Anuradha Patel, Manoj Joshi, Puneet Issar, Sharat Saxena
- Editor: Ritesh Soni
- Screen play writers: Rajeev Kaul, Rajan Agarwal, Ikram Akhtar
- Directors of photography: Sunil Patel, Thomas Xavier
- Choreographers: Raju Khan, Mudassar Khan, Chinni Prakash
- Songs: Pritam, Devi Sri Prasad
- Background score: Sandeep Shirodkar
- Production designer: Rajat Poddar
- Costume designers: Ashley Rebello, Alvira Khan Agnihotri
The film and the story:
The T-Series’ Romantic Comedy Blockbuster ‘Ready’ was released on June 2, 2011. There are positive reports about the business done by this movie across the world. The reviews were also quite supportive to the reported success of this film.
The film is a remake of a Telugu movie of the same title with a stereotype story that has been repeated in most of the Hindi films. The lead character Prem (played by Salman Khan) is an unemployed young bachelor and a member of a huge joint family the Kapoors. There is another disintegrated family of underworld dons who had their niece Sanjana (played by Asin). Sanjana, an orphan had inherited about ten million rupees after the death of her parents. Her criminal maternal uncles were trying to grab Sanjana and her wealth by marrying their sons to her.
This nuptial combination will create confusion among the viewers of north India and elsewhere in the world as marriages among maternal cousins are not permitted in most of the places.
Thereafter the story is all about Prem and Sanjana who made fool of the maternal uncles of Sanjana with the help of Kapoors and finally marrying each other.
The positive points:
- Ready is a story of one man show and Salman Khan has done justice to the role of the lead character Prem.
- The direction, editing and the screenplay is just average.
- The shot composed with Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan and Chanki Pandey is a masterpiece.
- Shots with Salman Khan and Paresh Rawal are excelent.
The negative points:
- This is a sort of assorted package of many independent skits rather than a full length feature film.
- This is a one man show of Salman Khan without whom it would have been a damp squib.
- Asin’s acting is just average and appears to be a repetition of the role played by her in ‘Ghagini’ and nothing new or outstanding.
- Mahesh Manjreker's dialogue delivery, pronunciation and expressions are not up to the mark.
- There are 25 to 30 characters that have played all-at-a-time actions that the viewer cannot make out what is being done and by whom.
- Just do not disbelieve if you go into small naps while watching this movie.
- The characters sometimes look like jokers rather than comedians.
- You might get irritated with the comedies rather than laughing or smiling.