© Harish Jharia
Pimples that are also called acne are found on the faces of youngsters who have oily faces. On the other hand the boys and girls who have dry skinned faces do not have pimples. There might be some remote cases where such skin ailments do not depend on the oiliness of face.
One of my friends used to say about the amount of oil oozing out of his oily skin that
“Look, you can make an omelet with this much of oil on my face”
Such people suffer with the severest type of red big pimples all over their faces.
How do pimples form and spread:
Deposition of excessive oil on the skin of your face block the sweat pores and while blocking the pores some foreign particles like dust, dirt, sweat etc are trapped along with micro-organisms underneath. These microorganisms and dirt result in inflammations and pimples. They subsequently form pus inside the boil that later bursts and spread the infection wherever the discharge spreads.
What are the ways to prevent pimples:
We have to check the formation of pimples at its root that is deposition of skin oil on the surface of our face. And that is as simple as our daily routine Just wash your face with a mild soap or a good face wash for 3 to 4 times a day and most essentially two times; firstly in the morning you when you wakeup and secondly at the time of your going to bed.
Medication and makeup:
You have to be extremely careful in selecting cosmetics for your face because of the oily skin you have on your face.
- Heper Sulf- 200... 3 – 4 times a day will add to your benefits yet more.
- Merc Sol- 200... 3 – 4 times a day (if there is pus formation) followed by Heper Sulf, once pus formation stops.
- Calamine is considered one of the best medicines for skin problems. There are many compositions of Calamine available over the counter as cosmetics for application on face as well as foundation for makeup. Recently a composition of Calamine with Aloe Vera has also been launched in the market.
- Soft moisturizers will only suit to oily faces. You should avoid any other cosmetics as that will accelerate oozing of fatty oils from your skin and aggravate the problem.
- No Blood purifiers (Ayurvedic or Unani) will work on pimples because pimples are superficial inflammation / infection (surface ailment) and are not anything like deep-rooted problem due to impurity of blood. Blood purifiers are not effective on pimples.
- Dietary regime has to be followed by the people who have oily skin and pimples. Do not eat saturated fats, sweets, deep fried food, fast / junk food, spicy food, red meat etc. They should drink lots of water; eat fresh fruits, salads of fresh green vegetables with a fresh lemon juice squeezed.
- Drink ‘Neemboo-paani’ made of one glassful of filtered chilled water + sugar to taste and a pinch of table salt.
- Sleep and exercises are also essential for you. Have an 8hrs sound sleep and do 45min brisk running in the morning. Keep your body, clothes and surroundings neat and clean
This article is written based on my personal observations. My intention for publishing the same is to provide healthy reading and intellectual entertainment and not for educating the visitors. No literature or authentic books have been referred for writing the contents of this article. The visitors are advised not to refer the contents of this article for any research or testimony on scientific, geographical, political, civic or legal purposes. The visitors are further advised to consult relevant experts before adapting any information from this article. The author or the website are not responsible for any errors, mistakes, or omissions there in.
- Harish Jharia